General Catering Assistant
Oxford - OX2 7EN
37.5 Hours per week, 5 out of 7
£10.00 per hour
To apply for this role, download our application form.
Complete the form and send it to:
Rachel Feather : RF@summerfileds.com
We want you:
Can you commit to feeding hungry tummies as well as hungry minds? We serve more than just a meal in our kitchens, and we want you, yes you…the BEST of the best!
The essential ingredient at the heart of our business is our people so we are searching for an experienced Food Service Assistant with a background in exceptional food catering services to join our business and work at one of our highly prestigious education settings based in Oxford – OX2 7EN
If you are looking for an employer that will invest in you and develop your career further, then look no further and apply!
Benefits we offer
There are many advantages to working for us and we provide our employees with bespoke benefits which include:
- Competitive salaries
- Free meals whilst at work
- Career development opportunities/ HIT Apprenticeships
- Prestigious working environments
- Team events scheduled throughout the year
- 28 Prorated Holiday days inclusive of bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Employee Benefits Platform
- Work/life balance
- Employee Assistance Program
- People awards to celebrate our employees
- Reward & recognition schemes
As well as having excellent presentation, communication, and management skills, you will be able to demonstrate a real passion for food and service and possess bags of enthusiasm.
- Have worked in a similar environment at a supervisory role
- Possess excellent supervisory skills to create successful working environment for your team
- Your focus is to work closely with your teams to develop a great work relationship and together to provide the best customer service
- Be a proven, hands-on leader, able to invest in your team and their development
- Be naturally outgoing and vibrant, display a real passion for food and customer service
- Have excellent delegation and influencing skills
- Be innovative and creative and driven by excellence
To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
To be customer focused at all times, by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
To project a willing and helpful attitude to customers; to seek the appropriate knowledge of food items sold through out catering areas and to keep areas and service counters clean and fully stocked.
Who we are:
Holroyd Howe is one of the UK’s leading contract caterers, providing fresh innovative food services solely to independent schools and colleges.
We are a team of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children of all ages in order to meet the bespoke requirements of each school.
We invest in training and development of our teams to give them the appropriate skills necessary to thrive in their job roles. We have outstanding teams of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children, of all ages, meeting the bespoke requirements of our clients. Find out more about us at – https://www.holroydhowe.com
“Holroyd Howe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. All roles within Holroyd Howe are regarded as regulated activity and therefore we require an Enhanced DBS which includes a Barred List Check for all successful applicants. We will also require shortlisted applicants to provide appropriate information regarding their criminal offences.”
This appointment is offered on return of satisfactory professional references.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter