Deputy General Manager
40 hrs week, 5/7.Some evenings & weekends may be required
£35,000 per annum
To apply for this role, download our application form.
Complete the form and send it to:
Paul Wilcock : Paul.email@example.com
We want you….
Can you commit to feeding hungry tummies as well as hungry minds? We serve more than just a meal in our kitchens, and we want you, yes you…the BEST of the best!
The essential ingredient at the heart of our business is our people so we are searching for an experienced Deputy General Manager with a background in exceptional food catering services to join our business and work at one of our highly prestigious education settings based in London WC1N. If you are looking for an employer that will invest in you and develop your career further, then look no further and apply!
Benefits we offer…
There are many advantages to working for us and we provide our employees with bespoke benefits which include:
• Competitive salaries
• Free meals whilst at work
• Career development opportunities
• Prestigious working environments
• Team events scheduled throughout the year
• 28 Holiday days inclusive of bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Company sick pay scheme
• Employee Benefits Platform
• Work/life balance
• Employee Assistance Program
• People awards to celebrate our employees
• Reward & recognition schemes
• Recommend a friend scheme
As a Deputy General Manager you will…
Reporting to the General Manager, this is a newly created role which would appeal to someone with experience of working at assistant or deputy level in hotels, conferencing, events, fine dining and retail catering.
Naturally, we are looking for the right person to be professional, works to a high standard, commercially minded, enthusiastic, hard-working, calm under pressure, able to multi task and have great communication, management and leadership skills
As well as having excellent presentation, organisational and communication skills, you will be able to demonstrate a real passion for food & service and possess bags of enthusiasm.
• Have worked in a similar environment at a management level
• Your focus is to work closely with your teams to develop a great work relationship and together to provide the best customer service.
• Be a proven, hands-on leader, able to invest in your team and their development
• Be naturally outgoing and vibrant, display a real passion for food and customer service
• Have excellent Health & Safety knowledge
• Be financially astute and have strong IT literacy
• Be innovative and creative and driven by excellence
• Stay up to date with current food trends
About the venue…
An amazing, unique place to work and essentially a residential hotel, providing a daily freshly prepared hot meal service to 700 post graduate students from all over the world who live in this prestigious residential development in central London.
Facilities include a 250 sit down capacity Great Hall with adjacent servery, a 65 bed 4* hotel, numerous event meeting rooms, an amazing enclosed garden and an all-day café and licensed bar.
We serve everything from a hotel breakfast to formal black tie dinners and operate an all-day café and licensed bar .
Additionally, we cater for a wide variety of college and external events, hotel guests and an 80 strong client team.
Who we are…
Holroyd Howe is one of the UK’s leading contract caterers, providing fresh innovative food services solely to independent schools and colleges. We invest in the training and development of our teams to give them the appropriate skills necessary to thrive in their job roles. We have outstanding teams of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children, of all ages, meeting the bespoke requirements of our clients.
“Holroyd Howe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. All roles within Holroyd Howe are regarded as regulated activity and therefore we require an Enhanced DBS which includes a Barred List Check for all successful applicants. We will also require shortlisted applicants to provide appropriate information regarding their criminal offences.”
This appointment is offered on the return of satisfactory professional references.