Deputy Assistant Manager
Borehamwood - WD6 3AF
40 hrs week, Mon to Fri .Some evenings & weekends may be required
£30000 - Per Annum
To apply for this role, download our application form.
Complete the form and send it to:
Paul Reed : firstname.lastname@example.org
We want you….
Can you commit to feeding hungry tummies as well as hungry minds? We serve more than just a meal in our kitchens, and we want you, yes you…the BEST of the best!
The essential ingredient at the heart of our business is our people so we are searching for an experienced Deputy Assistant Manager with a background in exceptional food catering services to join our business and work at one of our highly prestigious education settings based in Borehamwood – WD6 3AF. If you are looking for an employer that will invest in you and develop your career further, then look no further and apply!
Benefits we offer…
There are many advantages to working for us and we provide our employees with bespoke benefits which include:
• Competitive salaries
• Free meals whilst at work
• Career development opportunities
• Prestigious working environments
• Team events scheduled throughout the year
• 28 Holiday days inclusive of bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Company sick pay scheme
• Employee Benefits Platform
• Work/life balance
• Employee Assistance Program
• People awards to celebrate our employees
• Reward & recognition schemes
• Recommend a friend scheme
As a Deputy Assistant Manager you will…
Reporting to the General Manager, this is a newly created role which would appeal to someone with experience of working at assistant or deputy level in hotels, conferencing, events, fine dining and retail catering.
Naturally, we are looking for the right person to be professional, works to a high standard, commercially minded, enthusiastic, hard-working, calm under pressure, able to multi task and have great communication, management and leadership skills
As well as having excellent presentation, organisational and communication skills, you will be able to demonstrate a real passion for food & service and possess bags of enthusiasm.
MANAGEMENT OF TEAM
• To assist the Catering Manager in co-ordinating and managing the recruitment and selection process to ensure that it effectively meets the needs of the location and Holroyd Howe
• To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
• To ensure training is carried out in line with the company training policy to meet the needs and requirements of the individual and Holroyd Howe
• To work with the Catering Manager to carry out all employee appraisals timely and accurately and ensure that information is filed appropriately, with development plans in place that are actively used.
• To hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required, company and client information.
• To work with the Catering Manager to produce an annual training plan for each location.
• To ensure that all employees are aware of Health and Safety policies and procedures and adhere to company and location standards at all times.
• To ensure that all employees receive adequate and appropriate Health, Hygiene and Safety training on a regular basis.
• Ensure that all employees are knowledgeable and motivated about their roles and the business through effective induction, accurate job descriptions and on the job training.
• To carry out disciplinary procedures following company guidelines and standards.
• To develop the catering team, by empowering them, supporting them, encouraging them and maintaining an ‘open door’ policy.
• To conduct team briefings before each lunch service.
• Maintain and keep employee personnel and development files up to date at all times, and ensure that all changes in employee details are given to Head Office promptly.
• To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
• To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and that their food service and value expectations are consistently exceeded.
• To be customer focused at all times, by being visible during meal periods, communicating and determining customer requirements before they do.
• To regularly monitor customer feedback and produce an appropriate action plan based on the results.
• To ensure all food is presented and served in line with company minimum standards, but also to remain innovative in the method and style of presentation and food service.
• To attend all catering committee meetings when required.
• To maintain a constant awareness of the changing needs of customers and adapt menus and styles of service to meet these needs.
• To possess an up to date knowledge, awareness and interest in recent, current and future food and industry trends and reflect these in the location.
• To incorporate new service styles and food concepts in the location.
• To maintain a library of up to date literature and display material on menu/service ideas and creations in the location.
• To produce a restaurant development plan on an annual basis.
• To produce a marketing plan on an annual basis.
• To maintain an effective business relationship with the client by understanding their needs and transferring these into the location.
• Ensure that your restaurant has a fun feeling which customers enjoy and can relax away from the workplace.
• To ensure your restaurant development plan contains a schedule of fun events for both customers and staff.
• To ensure that all agreed service objectives are met in line with client expectations.
• To work with the Catering Manager to ensure that the location has an accurate and efficient financial control system in place and the Genesis software is in full use.
• To ensure that Head Office and your Operations Manager receives all the appropriate financial information promptly and accurately.
• To present to the client (as and when directed by your Catering Manager) on a 4 weekly basis, accurate financial information.
• To ensure that all bookwork is completed timely, accurately and efficiently and in line with Holroyd Howe procedures.
• To maintain controls in order to ensure the security of Holroyd Howe and Client’s premises, materials and money.
• To ensure that all standards of food preparation and service are achieved in line with location budgets.
• To control and achieve agreed financial targets whilst maximising all commercial opportunities.
• To consistently look at ways of maximising income through effective purchasing through nominated suppliers and creative merchandising.
• As instructed by the Catering Manager, produce a client annual budget.
HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGEMENT
• To conduct Food Safety and Health and Safety Risk Assessments and ensure that all standards and procedures in respect of Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained in line with the company manual.
• To record and report all accidents within the location adhering to location and company procedures.
• To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
• To make recommendations for renewal and replacement of equipment when required.
• To establish and maintain location cleaning schedules.
• To respond to all company memos and requests as required.
• To ensure that all company procedures and work instructions are fully understood and practised by all employees.
• To attend all health & safety training courses as required
• To attend all location management meetings, patch meetings and company meetings as required.
• To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of your manager and attend training courses as identified.
• To ensure that all company administration procedures are followed in line with the company manuals.
• To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
• To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
• To ensure that you deliver what you promise to customers, clients and your team.
• To treat others as you would expect to be treated.
• To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or Holroyd Howe Management.
The site caters for day pupils as well as boarders and staff and includes not only a breakfast, lunch, and supper service but also an extensive hospitality service. This operates 5 days a week.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience managing teams of up to 15 people and managing a customer base of up to 500 people a day.
Who we are…
Holroyd Howe is one of the UK’s leading contract caterers, providing fresh innovative food services solely to independent schools and colleges. We invest in the training and development of our teams to give them the appropriate skills necessary to thrive in their job roles. We have outstanding teams of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children, of all ages, meeting the bespoke requirements of our clients.
“Holroyd Howe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. All roles within Holroyd Howe are regarded as regulated activity and therefore we require an Enhanced DBS which includes a Barred List Check for all successful applicants. We will also require shortlisted applicants to provide appropriate information regarding their criminal offences.”
This appointment is offered on the return of satisfactory professional references.